Volodymyr Dahl East-Ukrainian National University
In 1920 the first higher educational establishment was founded on the basis of locomotive-building plant in Luhansk city. It was the first higher educational establishment in which specialists in machine-building were trained. Today this establishment is well-known all over the world as Volodymyr Dahl East Ukrainian National University.
During the Great Patriotic War (World War II) the institute was evacuated to Omsk city. There it became the basis for the foundation of Omsk State Technical University, a well-known establishment nowadays.
In 1996 our educational establishment obtained the fourth level of accreditation. In 2000 (September, 11th) it was given the status of a national university. In 2001 (November, 13th) the University was named after Volodymyr Dahl.
Volodymyr Dahl East Ukrainian National University was given the status of self governing (autonomous) research national higher educational institution by the order of the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine # 227 from March 24, 2010, as the logical result of the university dynamic development.
Presently, 29 000 students study at Volodymyr Dahl East Ukrainian National University.
Volodymyr Dahl East Ukrainian National University is a huge educational, scientific and practical complex. It includes the main university in Luhansk city and its branches in other cities. Among them there are the following: Syevyerodonetsk Technological Institute, Chemical Technology Institute in Rubizhne, Krasnodon Department of Engineering and Management, Antratsyt Department of Mining and Transport, Crimea Department (Livadiya, Feodosiya, Yevpatoriya, Skadovsk), University College (Luhansk city) and Syevyerodonetsk Chemical and Mechanic Technical College, Stakhanov Department of Second Higher Education Institute.
There are 17 departments functioning at the basic university, including Foreign Citizens Training Department, that consist of 74 chairs. Dahl university also includes Pre-university Preparation and Professional Orientation Centre, Centre for Retraining Administrative Staff in Business Sphere, Educational and Scientific Institute of Housing and Communal Services and Construction, Institute of Postgraduate Education and Distance Learning, 17 separate structural subdivisions, master's degree course of state administration, more than 60 chairs' branches on plants and factories, Scientific-research Institute of Applied Ecology, almost 40 laboratories and engineering centres, scientific library, publishers with a printing-house, industrial park and etc.
University has a license to provide educational services in 27 of 48 branches of knowledge. Within these branches professionals are trained within 54 directions in 130 specialities, among them - 8 military specialities.
Total amount of the university staff is 3046 persons, among them 1537 professors and lecturers. 16 honoured men of science and technology work at the university. There are 91 honoured men of education, 96 academicians and corresponding members of branch academies of sciences and 892 lecturers with scientific degrees and academic status, including 172 professors and doctors of sciences, working at the university.
A powerful material and technical basis is created in the university. In Luhansk, Antratsyt, Krasnodon, Lysychansk, Rubizhne, Syevyerodonetsk (Lugansk region), Yalta (Livadiya), Feodosiya, Yevpatoriya (The Crimean Autonomy) and in the city of Skadovsk (Kherson region) there are 56 educational buildings and laboratories the total territory of which is above 230 thousand square kilometers. The university also has a sanatorium-preventorium for one hundred people, recreation centres in Yevpatoriya (The Crimean Autonomy) and in Skadovsk (Kherson region), sports and sanitation camp, 8 dormitories for 2401 persons, canteens and aid posts. The university has stadiums, sports buildings, summer sports constructions for the sports activity of students and the staff.
Presently, the university has its own publishers where scientific journal “Visnyk of Volodymyr Dahl East Ukrainian National University” is published. It has been licensed by the Higher Certification Commission of Ukraine in 4 branches. Monographs, students’ books, methodic recommendations, scientific and educational books are published at the publishers. The newspaper “University Visnyk” is published monthly in large editions.
An educational TV studio has been made in the university. The realization of this project has been possible due to the support of Mass-Media Development Fund of the USA Embassy in Ukraine.
Organizer future events
- Hotel discounts
- Transfers to the venue
- and even more...