Indian Art: eyed by International Collectors in coming Art Expo India31 August 2009
From 25‐27th September 2009, the cosmopolitan financial capital of India, Mumbai will be hosting the celebrated Indian contemporary Art Expo. Leading Indian and nternational art galleries will be taking part in this event. The Art Expo promises to be a significant cultural and social event in the Indian Subcontinent. The discussions at the Art Expo feature prominent international art world personalities including Kay Saatchi, Judith Greer, Princess Tatjana zu Schaumburg‐Lippe, Kirsty Ogg and many other Museum curators, consultants and collectors. Now in its 2nd year, it is the largest art fair devoted to modern and contemporary Indian Art. Organised at the Nehru Centre in Mumbai, this year’s show exhibits a wide mix of cutting edge, eclectic and exciting art works. A series of interactive conversations with experts will demystify the language & knowledge of art to visitors.
The Art Expo India is a high profile meeting ground for art dealers, galleries, artists and collectors. This expo has popularised Indian contemporary art across cultural, social and economical boundaries in India and internationally and plays a catalytic role in building a market for contemporary Indian art both in India and globally. It is a high end shopping event presenting a wide array of works by famous and upcoming Indian artists. Publishers, dealers and gallery owners will showcase cutting edge work in different media ‐ from paintings and sculpture to prints and photography. The exhibition holds the largest gathering of art professionals in India and is the only place where one can meet thousands of new collectors and artists on a one‐to‐one basis.
Over 10,000 art lovers including collectors, buyers and corporate decision makers, high net worth individuals, leading Indian business families, CXOs from different multinationals and celebrities from Bollywood will be attending this prestigious social event in the Indian art calendar.
Featured Speakers at the EXPO Kay Saatchi will be delivering the keynote on spotting young talent and building up an art collection.
Some of the other renowned and featured speakers are:
1. Judith Greer ‐ International art collector and author
2. Kirsty Ogg ‐ Co‐Curator of The White chapel gallery
3. Ranjit Hoskote – Contemporary Indian poet, art critic, cultural theorist and
4. Jitish Kallat – Dynamic and acclaimed worldwide, Indian Contemporary artist.
5. Sharan Apparao ‐ India’s leading contemporary art gallerists producing
exhibitions in Delhi, Mumbai and Chennai
6. Menaka Kumari Shah – Christies Representative for India
7. Dr. Alka Pande – Consultant Art Advisor, Curator of Visual Arts Gallery at the
India Habitat Centre in New Delhi and a prolific writer on Indology and art history
and author of several well‐acclaimed books.
8. Satish Manashinde ‐ Renowned lawyer
9. Anjolie Ela Menon – India’s leading contemporary female artist. Her paintings
are in several major collections
10. Bose Krishnamachari – Famous multi‐disciplinary artist who has exhibited in
numerous solo and group exhibitions internationally
11. Shantanu Poredi – Renowned architect. Designed many interesting international
and Indian projects
12. Rajshree Pathy – Eminent entrepreneur and businesswoman and Art
Source: Trade & Technology Exposition Co. (India) Pvt. Ltd
Share this page:
- Hotel discounts
- Transfers to the venue
- and even more...