You can find other events in our calendar, or use the search:
Bellevue, United States 7 August / 2012
Get entrance ticket to the trade show in advance. Choose the number of tickets, fill in a form and get them to your email.
|Free||− 1 +||$0|
Unfortunately, we ran out of tickets and sincerely apologise for the inconvenience. But we have exhibitions you might like to attend.
This is a past event.
About the trade show
This year, Metricon 7.0 is excited to issue a call for participation to the information security community. The event will occur August 7th 2012 collocated with USENIX in Bellevue, WA.
Given that this is the 7th event, we think it is time to finally say it: security metrics MUST be useful NOW! Thus, the focus this year is on useful and usable metrics – not conceptual and theoretical stuff that sounds great, but cannot and will not be used in today’s organizations. Also, presentations and panels that talk about “How?” and “What?” will be strongly prioritized over “Why?”(and “whine”). Enterprises and tool vendors are both welcome to present! Academic researchers tacking the real-world problems are welcome as well.
We want to see:
• How you achieved “quick wins” with security metrics?
• How you define useful metrics, whether risk or operational?
• What metrics you track are the most useful?
• How did you solve a particular challenge in security metrics area?
• How your tool helps (not “can help”!) with collecting and analyzing security metric data?
• Who gets the metrics you create? How do they use them?
• What metrics you use to determine that security controls are effective?
• How organization generate actionable advice from security metrics?
• How to track that your security is improving using metrics?
We do not want:
• Uncollectable and unusable metrics
• Metrics philosophy
• Uncooked metrics that sound vaguely “interesting”
Send submissions and your ideas for panel and presentations to firstname.lastname@example.org.