You can find other events in our calendar, or use the search:
Nouakchott, Mauritania 8 – 11 October / 2012
Get entrance ticket to the trade show in advance. Choose the number of tickets, fill in a form and get them to your email.
|Free||− 1 +||$0|
Unfortunately, we ran out of tickets and sincerely apologise for the inconvenience. But we have exhibitions you might like to attend.
This is a past event.
About the conference
Under the High Patronage of His Excellency Mr. Mohamed Ould Abdel Aziz, President, Islamic Republic of Mauritania
“Mauritania: The desert’s undiscovered treasure”
The second Mauritanian Mining & Oil and Gas Conference & Exhibition (MAURITANIDES 2012) will take place in Nouakchott, Mauritania from 8 – 11 November 2012. The event will be organised by the Ministry of Petroleum, Energy and Mines, Mauritania in association with the British event organiser AME Trade Limited.
- The event will feature three days of plenary sessions, technical workshops, exhibitions, as well as visits to Mauritanian mining sites. It will gather international investors, mining and petroleum experts, managers of financial institutions, Mauritanian decision makers, development partners and donors, as well as other key actors and partners in the mining industry.
- MAURITANIDES 2012 will act as a platform to exchange experiences, debate and establish business partnerships and cooperation, which will lead to conclusions and recommendations for an improved development of the country’s sub-soil wealth and its sustainable development.
- MAURITANIDES is an established even and in 2010 was inaugurated by His Excellency Mr. Mohamed Ould Abdel Aziz, President, Islamic Republic of Mauritania, it featured more than 600 delegates and 50 exhibitors, emanating from over 30 countries including all of the major players in Mauritania’s mining industry
- In his welcome speech, His Excellency Mr. Mohamed Ould Abdel Aziz, President, Islamic Republic of Mauritania remarked “the constant influx into the country of mining investors was measured by the presence of them today in Nouakchott and demonstrates the actual intense activity in geological prospection which comprises of over 50 mining companies ( of which are included large multinationals) who are operating on 170 mining permits”,
- New for 2012!: MAURITANIDES 2012 will include a promotion for Mauritania’s hugely promising oil and gas sector!!
Mauritania: A rapidly developing mining and petroleum destination
- The mining sector, Mauritania’s engine for economic growth: The mining sector with the extractive industries contributes 24% of total GDP (2010) and represents more than half of the country’s export income.
- Mauritania a global leader in iron ore production: Mauritania is the second largest exporter of iron ore in Africa, the Société Nationale Industrielle et Minière de Mauritanie (SNIM) produces approximately 11 MT of iron ore per annum, with production targeted to expand to 18 MT in 2014 and 25 MT in 2018. The programme of modernisation pertaining to the Guelb II is projected at over 1 billion US dollars, this includes: the extension of the existing mine, the construction of an iron ore enrichment plant with a capacity of 4MTper annum, as well as the new mineral port in Nouadhibou, all of this will contribute to increasing and improving iron ore production and export. SNIM also achieved ISO 14001 certification in Spring 2011 for its environmental management system.