You can find other events in our calendar, or use the search:
Scalable Business Models for Islamic Microfinance
Istanbul, Turkey 31 January – 1 February / 2012
Get entrance ticket to the trade show in advance. Choose the number of tickets, fill in a form and get them to your email.
|Free||− 1 +||$0|
Unfortunately, we ran out of tickets and sincerely apologise for the inconvenience. But we have exhibitions you might like to attend.
This is a past event.
About the conference
· 44% of conventional Microfinance clients reside in Muslim countries
· 72% of people in Muslim countries do not use formal financial services because the financial system is interest based
· In Algeria and Jordan, 20% of the poor cite religious reasons for not seeking conventional Microfinance loans. In Yemen and Syria, this number rises to 40%
The statistics speak for themselves: Millions of unbanked clients across the Muslim world are missing out on access to financial services.
With the right Islamic Microfinance product, how many clients could you reach?
This year’s Islamic Microfinance Summit will unlock the potential of Islamic Microfinance in order to ensure financial access is being provided to millions of Muslim poor.
MFIs, investors, policy makers and Sharia specialists will come together to:
· Prepare the infrastructure for Islamic Microfinance: Assessing the role of the Islamic Development Bank and state banks across the globe in advancing Islamic Microfinance
· Construct scalable Islamic Microfinance business models: From Murabara to Salem and Istisna to Ijarah, identify the potential business models available and consider what challenges you may face with implementation
· Explore Islamic Microfinance business models In Practice: Gain insights from Pakistan, Yemen, Indonesia and Tanzania straight from the winners and runners up of the Islamic Microfinance Award 2010
· Determine how to attract commercial funding in order to achieve scale: Understand what role commercial banks and funds play today and how their involvement affects you
· Overcome the operational challenges of Islamic Microfinance: Equip yourself effectively to deal with risk, manage costs and market your product authentically
· Expanding Islamic Microfinance product development: Overcoming the challenges of working specifically within the Murabaha framework in order to extend the product line for Islamic products beyond Microcredit
To register simply:
Call: +44 (0) 20 3 141 8700